#Newsfeed: Pandora ANZ will disappear on 31 July; India overtakes the USA to become Facebook’s #1 country; SoundCloud only has enough money to last for another 50 days
Plus the man turning Instagram Stories into interactive games.
The latest figures that Facebook is reporting to advertisers indicate that India has overtaken the United States to become the platform’s largest country audience. As of July 13th, Facebook is reporting a total “potential audience” of 241 million active users in India, compared to 240 million in the United States.
Read more about this story here.
Read The Telegraph’s argument here.
One digital creative based in San Francisco is coming up with some innovative ways to use Instagram Stories. Pablo Rochat’s latest project involves hacking the “tap to skip” and “press and hold to pause” functions on Instagram Stories to create interactive games, with Rochat posting a new game on his Instagram account every other day.
Read more about this genius idea here.
In an email to its Australian and New Zealand subscribers on Thursday, Pandora has confirmed the service will be “shutting down” on 31 July. The troubled music streaming service failed to find profitability under former CEO Tim Westergren who departed last month.
Read more about this story here.
- Facebook to Unveil Wireless VR Headset for the Masses [via Fortune]
- India overtakes the USA to become Facebook’s #1 country [via The Next Web]
- We will make Twitter faster, cheaper and easier to use: Keith Coleman [Economic Times]
- Making a tweet of themselves: why mixing business and Twitter can be a dangerous game [Telegraph UK]
- The man turning Instagram Stories into interactive games [via Mashable]
- Finding a More Inclusive Vision of Fitness in Our Feeds [via The New York Times]
- Avicii Shares Clip of New Song on Instagram [via Billboard]
- OFFICIAL: Pandora ANZ will disappear on 31 July [via The Music Network]
- Spotify Sweats Over Bandwidth Problem as Labels Vie for Playlist Spots [via Billboard]
- SoundCloud only has enough money to last for another 50 days, according to reports [via FACT Magazine]
- Artists React to Rumors that SoundCloud Might Shut Down Due to Financial Troubles [via Pigeons & Planes]
- Sia and Harry Styles head ARIA Awards wishlist as Ten loses 2017 broadcast to Nine [via News Limited]
- Client Liaison have launched their own Off White Limousine service [via triple j]
- Nine Inch Nails’ new music video is based on a video game urban legend [via Mashable]
- Lady Gaga Celebrates Record 6 Emmy Nominations for Super Bowl Halftime Show [via Billboard]
- Radiohead have hidden a secret message on their ‘OKNOTOK’ cassette [via NME]
- How To Get And Keep Fans’ Attention With Automated Emails [via hypebot]
- Google Play Music just made it a lot easier to find new songs [via The Next Web]
- New Hires at Pinterest Hint at More Video Ads – and New Categories – to Come [via AdAge]
- WordPress.com gives you more options to share your posts on social networks [via TechCrunch]
- 22,000 people accidentally signed up to clean toilets because people don’t read Wi-Fi terms [via Mashable]
- KFC Is Now Selling Apparel, Home Goods and a Meteorite Shaped Like a Chicken Sandwich [via Adweek]
- Shopify adding eBay as a sales channel for merchants [via TechCrunch]
- Marketers need to focus on experiences created around food, new study suggests [via Mumbrella]
- TRENDING: #LiuXiaobo, #Emmy,
JADEN JAM: Scientists have created a musical instrument you can play with just your thoughts.