#Newsfeed: Sia tweets naked photo of herself in order to beat paparazzi; WA Police Facebook graffiti video advertising fail goes viral; Jay-Z threatens to sue news outlet over tour coverage
Plus is Spotify any better than Top 40 radio for music discovery?
Australian police Facebook pages are renowned for their witty content, but a promotional video made by WA Police to publicise its “Goodbye Graffiti” campaign has attracted widespread criticism, with users denouncing it as “cringeworthy” and “the worst video I have ever seen”. The awkward video, which depicts a young couple walking through the streets of an inner-city Perth suburb, has been viewed more than 70,000 times and shared extensively on social media.
View the video for yourself here.
Calculating the ROI on Instagram has always been tough – especially due to the limited native reporting capabilities – however Simply Measured has compiled a list of new metrics to begin tracking. The list includes Instagram saves, Stories views and Stories exits.
Read the list in full here.
Read the tweet Sia posted here.
- WA Police Facebook graffiti video advertising fail goes viral [via ABC News]
- Facebook Messenger payments comes to UK [via BBC News]
- ‘Facebook views are a vanity metric’: Overheard at the Digiday Video Anywhere Summit [via Digiday]
- How Twitter Secretly Benefits From Bots And Fake Accounts [via The Intercept]
- Mental health algorithm can tell if you’re depressed by analysing your tweets [via Digital Trends]
- As Twitter tests longer tweets, two users share one with 35,000 characters [via Digital Trends]
- 5 New Instagram Metrics to Track Now [via Simply Measured]
- Instagram Is Popular, But Does It Have A High ROI? [via Forbes]
- Is Spotify Any Better Than Top 40 Radio For Music Discovery? New Stats Suggest Not [via hypebot]
- Music Streaming Subscriptions Grow To 132.6 Million, Generate $5.7 Billion In Revenue, says MIDiA Study [via hypebot]
- Someone Tried To Sell Naked Photos Of Sia So She Uploaded One To Twitter Instead [via BuzzFeed]
- Jay-Z Threatens to Sue Digital Music News If We Don’t Change Our ‘4:44’ Tour Coverage [via Digital Music News]
- Morrissey Cancelled Last Night’s California Concert At The Last Minute Because It Was Too Cold [via Sterogum]
- Eminem reportedly set to launch new album with ‘massive’ MTV EMAs performance [via NME]
- 5 Artists Under 20 You Should Know [via Pigeons & Planes]
- Kanye West’s Unreleased ‘Yeezus’ Sequel Confirmed by Cyhi the Prynce’s Spotify Activity [via Complex Music]
- Björk’s blockchain-based music project breathes life into a dying industry [via The Next Web]
- Shania Twain to play virtual guest character in mobile game [via Music-News]
- Google is surfacing Texas shooter misinformation in search results — thanks also to Twitter [via TechCrunch]
- Google Assistant can now tell you what song is playing near you [via The Verge]
- BuzzFeed’s new social media card game is an easy way to harass people [via The Verge]
- How Grubhub uses Snapchat to target hungry college students [via Digiday]
- Social stars launch their own video-streaming service [via Music Ally]
- How to have meetings that don’t suck [via Slack HQ]
JADEN JAM: Is this real life? One man has set a new world record for continuous hours in VR.