#Newsfeed: Central Australia to be showed off on Instagram; Eminem unveils album title in fake drug ad; How in the world is Twitter still not making any money?
Plus will Facebook kill all future Facebooks?
Anyone working in digital media will tell you that you’ll have more luck contacting aliens on Mars than a human being at Facebook (unless you know the right people of course!). Well, a story by online publication Digiday has collated all of the gripes agencies of every kind have with the social media platform – and let me tell you, it is QUITE the read!
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy the long list of challenges here.
A group of high-profile Australians are about to set out on a self-driving adventure across Central Australia, and will capture it all on Instagram. Chosen for their strong loyal following and ability to authentically endorse the NT as an appealing travel destination to the millennial audience, the Instagrammers will capture a variety of youth-focused content that positions the NT as a “cool” destination.
Read more about this story here.
Find out more about this story here.
- Screen Sharing on Facebook Live: How It Works, and How You Can Use It [via Edgar blog]
- Will Facebook Kill All Future Facebooks? [via WIRED]
- Unresponsive reps, mysterious data: Agencies’ biggest gripes about Facebook [via Digiday]
- Facebook: We can’t stop all live-stream suicides [via New York Post]
- Facebook thinks so little of us [via Quartz]
- People on Twitter drag reporter who claims nobody goes to libraries anymore [via Mashable]
- Bot-hunting Twitter bot sniffs out bogus political tweets [via TechCrunch]
- How in the world is Twitter still not making any money? [via Marketplace]
- Central Australia to be showed off on Instagram during self-drive adventure [via NT News]
- Is Taylor Swift revealing her album tracklist through Instagram? [via NME]
- I Let My Instagram Followers Dictate My Life and Ended Up in Another Country [via VICE]
- Instafamous dog Chloe the Mini Frenchie has died [via Mashable]
- Eminem Unveils Album Title In Fake Drug Ad [via HipHopDX]
- R.I.P. Fats Domino, New Orleans rhythm and blues legend has died at 89 [via Consequence of Sound]
- Selena Returns to Social 50 Chart After Google Doodle [via Billboard]
- Hologram Roy Orbison To Tour UK [via Noise11]
- Arcade Fire part ways with manager after more than 12 years [via NME]
- SoundCloud CFO Holly Lim exits, joins streaming audio service TuneIn [via Music Business Worldwide]
- It’s 2027. Has Spotify Replaced Radio? [via Digital Music News]
- Spotify is not just streaming. It’s becoming the entire music industry. [via Quartz]
- Managing Artists At Scale: Using Tech To Turn Musicians Into Industry Experts [hypebot]
- Music startup Roli adds Pharrell Williams as new investor and chief creative officer [via TechCrunch]
- YouTube TV Worked Live Footage Into Its Ads in World Series [via AdAge]
- YouTube Best.Cover.Ever talent contest launches next month [via Music Ally]
- Netflix has thousands of hidden categories. Someone listed them all [via The Next Web]
- Slack announces a new screen-sharing tool that lets coworkers control your computer [via Mashable]
- The 3 Most Critical Social Marketing Concepts (And How to Use Them) [via Simply Measured]
- 4 Elements of Successful Email Calls to Action [via Campaign Monitor]
- You only need to do three things to make a great presentation [via Quartz]
- The Future Of Ad Agencies Might Not Be Advertising At All [via Fast Company]
JADEN JAM: Queen Elizabeth has earned $8.8 million from horse racing prize money